Delta State Governor, Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan has said that the injection of new commissioners into the State Executive council was aimed at ensuring the success of his administration as it winds down next year.
Speaking shortly after the swearing-in of 10 new commissioners, the Governor challenged them to bring fresh ideas to the running of the government as his administration remained committed to delivering projects and programmes that will impact meaningfully on the lives of the people of the state.
The Governor said; “It is our expectations that you will provide fresh impetus, ideas and insights to support government in consolidating our legacy projects, building a sustainable foundation of our economy and moving the politics of Delta State to a higher level if humility, justice and harmony even as we strive to satisfy the yearnings of our people,” the Governor admonished the appointees.
He stressed the need for loyalty from the commissioners explaining that they should join hands with him in shaping the political future of the state.
“It is important that we do not only replace those who have left the council but, also inject fresh blood to reinvigorate our activities. You (the appointees) have come at a time when this administration is not only taking stock of what it has accomplished so far in meeting the desires and aspiration of the people but also, accelerating actions and increasing articulation of those things still outstanding in the development of the state.”
While congratulating the appointees, Dr Uduaghan said: “I urge all those sworn-in today to bring with them, the desirable winning attitude, ingenuity and deep insight in the handling of their various assignments as that is the only way you can assist government leave a desirable legacy of service in Delta State, while also endearing yourself to the people.”
He charged the appointees “to expand the frontiers of efficient service delivery for the benefits of our people and the state, reiterating: “Your decisions must be equitable, fair and just at all times, you should understand that government is a continuum and there should be value for every public fund in your care”.
Governor Uduaghan also announced the appointment of the Commissioner for Housing, Chief Paulinus Akpeki as the new Chief of Staff, Government House, Asaba. He replaces Dr Festus Okubor who resigned recently to pursue his political ambitions.
Speaking on behalf of the new commissioners, Chief Solomon Ighrakpata thanked the State Governor for the opportunity given them to serve, assuring that they will be dutiful and loyal to the government as well as offer quality service to the people.
THE COMPLETE COMMISSIONERS LIST
• Dr. Joseph Otumara – Health
• Rt. Hon. Solomon Funkekeme – Works
• Dr. Anthonia Ashiedu – Min. of Poverty Alleviation
• Mr. Frank Omare -Environment
• Prof. Hope Eghagha – Higher Education
• Mr. Patrick Ferife – Sp. Duties (Special Infrastructure)
• Mr. Powel Tos Ojogho – Bureau of Sp. Duties
• Olorogun Kenneth O. Okpara – Min. of Finance
• Hon. Solomon Ighrakpata – Housing
• Mr. Ebifa Olisaeloka Ijomah – Ministry of Economic Planning
• Barr. Richard Mofe Damijo – Arts & Culture
• Dr. Tony Nwaka Education – (Basic & Secondary)
• Charles Amajuoritse Ajuyah – (SAN) Justice
• Dr. Chris Oghenechovwen – Water Resources
• Barr. Christopher Chike Ogeah -Information
• Hon. Benson Roland Igbakpa – Transport
• Chief (Mrs.) Betty Efekhoda – Women Affairs
• Dr. Chris Ekiyor – Commerce & Industry
• Prof. Patrick Muoboghare – Agriculture and Natural Resources
• Mr. Omolubi Newumi – Directorate of Youth Devt.
• Barr. Misan Ukubeyinje – Lands, Surveys and Urban Devt.
• Mr. Benjamin Iwezu – Directorate of Local Government Affairs
• Queen Victoria Ikenchukwu – MDGs (Millennium Devt. Goals)
• Comrade Gloria Okolugbo – Min. of Energy
• Barr. David Peter Ekereokosu – Directorate of Project Monitoring
• Mr. Mofe Pirah – Sp. Duties (Oil & Gas)
• Mr. Christian Onogba – Sp. Duties (NDDC/BRACED Comm. Liason)
• Mr. Timi Tonye – Sp. Duties (DESOPADEC)
• Mr. Joel Bisina – Special Duties(Abuja)
• Mr. David Anuku – Special Duties(Ughelli-Asaba Dualization Project)
• Mr. Austin Ayemidejor – Special Duties(Asaba and Osubi Airports)
• Mr. Mathew P. Opuoru – DESOPADEC Liaison
• Chief Paulinus Akpeki – CHIEF OF STAFF