Finally the shape of the new Delta State Government is beginning to take emerge, as Governor Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa continues to unveil the team he will employ to execute his SMART agenda and deliver the promised Transformation for all Deltans, in the next four years.
The latest members and by far the most critical set of the highly anticipated new team are the first tranche of nominated Commissioners for several portfolios in the new Delta State Executive Council.
They and some of the already approved Special Advisers were sworn-in on Friday, July 3, 2015.
The newly sworn in Commissioners are:
1. Barr. Mrs Mary Iyasere – (Commerce and Industry)
2. Hon. John Nani – (Environment)
3. Dr. Kingsley Emu – (Economic Planning)
4. Chief James – Augoye (Works), Mr. Vincent Uduaghan(Transport)
5. Mr. Newworld Safugha – (Energy)
6. Mr. Joseph Ogeh -(Housing)
7. Mr. Fidelis Tilije – (Water Resources Development)
8. Rev. Mrs. Omashola Williams – (Women Affairs)
9. Mr. Austin Chikezie -(Agriculture and Natural Resources)
10. Hon. Joyce Overah -(Science and Technology)
11. Mr. Chiedu Ebie – (Basic and Secondary Education).
12. Chief Vincent Uduaghan – Transport
The Special Advisers are:
13. Bro. Emmanuel Ogidi -(Rural Development and Peace Building)
14. Sen. Emmanuel Aguariavwodo – (Infrastructure and Housing Development)
15. Rt. Hon. Martins Okonta -(Land Resources and Legislative Matters)
16. Hon. Pascal Adigwe -(National Assembly Matters and Inter-governmental Liaison)
17. Comrade Mike Okeme -(Labour Relations and Servicom).