CONSTITUTION OF PANEL OF INQUIRY INTO BOUNDARY DISPUTE BETWEEN ALADJA AND OGBE-IJOH COMMUNITIES
It is hereby announced for the information of the general public, particularly Deltans that the Governor of Delta State, His Excellency, Senator Dr. Arthur Ifeany Okowa, has constituted an eight-man Panel of Inquiry to look into the boundary dispute between Aladja in Udu Local Government Area and Ogbe-Ijoh in Warri South West Local Government Area.
The membership of the panel is as follows:
- Prof. A. Ekoko – Chairman
- Mr. F.O. Osiawa – Surveyor General
- Mr. J. N. Ogabu – Asst. Surveyor-General
- Engr. Paulson Okobiebi – Aladja Community Representative I
- Elder Stephenson Lerhovwere – Aladja Community Representative II
- Hon. Denbofa Owheikpodor – Ogbe-Ijoh Community Representative I
- Mr. Franklyn Igangan – Ogbe-Ijoh Community Representative II
- Barr. Ernest Edemwonyi – Legal Counsel/Secretary
Terms of Reference;
(a) To define, demarcate and survey the boundary between Udu and Warri South West Local Government Areas;
(b) To survey and demarcate the extent of the land dispute between Aladja and Ogbe-Ijoh Communities.
(c) To recommend actions to be taken by Delta State Government to finally resolve the Aladja-Ogbe-Ijoh crisis and sustain mutual inter-communal relations.
HON. FESTUS OVIE AGAS
SECRETARY TO THE STATE GOVERNMENT