The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has extended the tenure of the Senator Ahmed Makarfi led Caretaker Committee by Four months and dissolved the state Executive councils of the Party in Seven states, including Lagos, Adamawa, Osun and Kwara states, amongst others.
Recall that the PDP had earlier dissolved the Exco of Anambra state and a caretaker committee headed by former Minister of Health Professor A. B. C. Nwosu had already been set up.
These were among the far reaching resolutions arrived at during the PDP non-elective convention, held at the Eagle Square, Abuja on Saturday 12 August, 2017, under the chairmanship of Delta state Governor, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa.
The resolutions, endorsed by the congress at the party convention, which is the highest decision making organ according to the party constitution are as follows:
RESOLUTIONS AT THE 2017 SPECIAL NATIONAL CONVENTION OF THE PEOPLES DEMOCRATIC PARTY (PDP), HELD IN EAGLES SQUARE, ABUJA, ON SATURDAY AUGUST 12, 2017
1. At the 2017 Special National Convention, in Eagle Square Abuja, on Saturday August 12, 2017, The PDP resolved as follows:
2. I. Affirmed the decision of the NCC that desolved the Anambra state Excos and setting up a Caretaker Conmittees at all levels.
3. II. Extended the tenure of the Sen. Ahmed Makarfi led National Caretaker Committee by 4 months.
4. III. Desolved the Excos in Adamawa, Borno, Kebbi, Kwara, osun, Lagos and Ogun states and setup of a Caretaker Committees.
5. IV. Confirmed and ratified all the concluded congresses at the zone and state levels.
*More details coming…
(Source material from Ifeanyi Michael Osuoza, Publicity Secretary, Delta state PDP)